Chief Elected Officials ConsortiumHome » About » Our People » Chief Elected Officials Consortium
The Chief Elected Officials (CEO) Consortium is comprised of a Chief Elected Official from each jurisdiction in the Shenandoah Valley Workforce Development Board service area. The Chair of the SVWDB Board of Directors is also a voting member of the Consortium. The CEO Consortium serves as the policy board for the Shenandoah Valley Workforce Development Area and makes appointments to the Shenandoah Valley Workforce Development Board.
- The Honorable Carolyn Bragg, Augusta County Board of Supervisors
- The Honorable Richard Byrd, Bath County Board of Supervisors
- The Honorable William Fitzgerald, Buena Vista City Council
- The Honorable Deanna Reed, Harrisonburg City Council
- The Honorable Frank Friedman, City of Lexington
- The Honorable Carolyn Dull, Staunton City Council
- The Honorable Terry Short, Jr., Waynesboro City Council
- The Honorable David Smith, Winchester City Council
- The Honorable David Weiss, Clarke County Board of Supervisors
- The Honorable Blaine Dunn, Frederick County
- The Honorable David Blanchard, Highland County Board of Supervisors
- The Honorable David W. Hinty, Jr., Rockbridge County Board of Supervisors
- The Honorable Pablo Cuevas, Rockingham County Board of Supervisors
- The Honorable Conrad Helsley, Shenandoah County Board of Supervisors
- The Honorable Linda Glavis, Warren County Board of Supervisors
- The Honorable Morgan Phenix, Page County Board of Supervisors
Chief Elected Officials Consortium Governance Document Update
On October 19, 1018, the SVWDB Chief Elected Officials Consortium met to review revised governance documents, elect officers for the year, determine the financial disclosure statement for SVWDB board members, and set a future meeting date.
The revised Chief Elected Officials Consortium Agreement was approved by the Consortium to forward to each locality in the SVWDB service area and is attached for consideration and approval. Knowing that localities may have questions regarding the Consortium Agreement, a staff member from SVWDB will be glad to attend a City Council or Board of Supervisors meeting to explain the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) obligations for Chief Elected Officials and answer any questions your council or board may have about the agreement.
Our corrective action plan for bringing the Consortium Agreement into compliance sets a date of May 2019 for complete execution of the agreement. While we hope we can complete the full execution prior to May 2019, we wanted to give our local governments plenty of time to review the agreement.
The minutes from the October 19th meeting and supporting documentation are linked below. Our most recent Audit report is included for your information.
SVWDB Chief Elected Officials Consortium Minutes - October 19, 2018 (draft)
SVWDB Chief Elected Officials Consortium Agreement (Draft)
SVWDB Chief Elected Officials Bylaws (Rev. 10.19.18)
Virginia Local Economic Interests Statement - Long Form
Virginia Local Economic Interests Statement - Short Form
SVWDB Fiscal Agent Service Agreement (New 10.19.18)
SVWDB FY 2017 Audit Report
For additional information contact Joan Hollen, firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-442-7134 Ext. 100.
The next meeting of the SVWDB Chief Elected Officials will be Friday, May 17, 2019. Time and location to be determined.