Request for ProposalsHome » SVWDB Request for Proposals
THIS RFP HAS CLOSED.
The Shenandoah Valley Workforce Development Board, Inc. (SVWDB) is seeking competitive proposals for WIOA services for Adult and Dislocated Worker Services, One Stop Operator Services, and Youth Services for Virginia LWDA IV, including the counties of Augusta, Bath, Clarke, Frederick, Highland, Page, Shenandoah, Rockbridge, Rockingham, Warren, and the cities of Buena Vista, Harrisonburg, Lexington, Staunton, Waynesboro, and Winchester. The contract period is July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2020. An optional Bidders Conference will be held on Friday March 10, 2017. The RFP's and associated attachments follow.
General Provisions (to become part of each contract proposal below)
Adult and Dislocated Worker Program Services Request for Proposal
Attachments A through H - Adult and Dislocated Worker Services
Budget Template - Adult and Dislocated Worker Services
Certifications - Adult And Dislocated Worker Services
WIOA Youth Program Services Request for Proposal (original)
WIOA Youth Program Services Request for Proposal (revised 3/10/17)
Attachments A through H Youth Program Services
Budget Template - Youth Program Services
Certifications - Youth Program Services
Corrections and Questions about RFP
Corrections were made to Youth RFP page 7 and page 28 (3/10/17)
- Can you contact board members before the submission if you need their organization to support or cooperate with your proposal? Yes, per our guidelines you can ask questions and contact before the due date.
- Can you provide the list of RFP members? Yes, it is posted on the website.
- Will you post questions and answers that vendors submit? Yes, as appropriate.
- Can the estimated allocation for Adult/Dislocated Worker be divided by the organization as they wish between Adult and Dislocated Worker. Yes
- Can the requested job descriptions and resumes can be in addition to the 30 page limit. Yes
- Can you provide guidance on the extent of the partnerships that need to be in place when the application is submitted? For the narrative, can we simply state our approach to developing partnerships or do we need to verify that these partnerships are in place? Partnerships for this project do not have to be firm before the award, but we need to know the roles and responsibilities for the different partners and which one entity will be held accountable. If awarded, the award would be with the proposer and not with each of the partners. The awardee would be responsible for subcontracting, with full transparency to SVWDB. It would be helpful to provide examples of other similar projects working with these partners so we can see a history of successful partnering between your organization and the partnering organizations.
- How many letters of commitment are required with a proposal? We do not have a minimum, maximum or expected number of letters of commitment required. Provide what you think is most appropriate for your proposal.
- An Organization is developing a proposal under the assumption that existing partners will continue to partner with the program. Is that a reasonable assumption or should we work to shore up those relationships? We have no reason to believe that current partners will not be working with us, but cannot speak definitively on their behalf. The SVWDB is proud of our strong track record working with many partners at regional and state levels.
- In the letters of commitments, would it be okay if they indicated in the letter that they aren’t committed just to working with us? I expect that, in this situation, potential partners would not be willing to say that they will only work with us as they are committed to the goals of the program rather than having any particular allegiance to us. Letters should contain whatever information the potential partner or author wants to relay.
- Can the audit be printed double-sided due to the volume of the audit? Yes
- Can the support/commitment letters be in addition to the 30 page narrative? Yes
Please return proposals by Wednesday, March 29, 1:00 p.m. and address questions to:
217 South Liberty Street, Suite 203
P.O. Box 869
Harrisonburg, VA 22803
SVWDB RFP Commission Members:
Patrick Barker, Northern Region, Adult and Dislocated Worker and One-Stop Sub-Groups
Jeanian Clark, Northern Region, Adult and Dislocated Worker and One-Stop Sub-Groups
Amy Judd, Northern Region, Adult and Dislocated Worker Sub-Group
Jo Lee Loveland Link, Northern Region, Youth Sub-Group
George Homan, Central Region, Adult and Dislocated Worker Sub-Group
Tomika Ferguson, Central Region, Youth Sub-Group
Katy Parrish, Central/Southern Region, Youth and One-Stop Sub-Groups
Brian Brown, Southern Region, Adult and Dislocated Worker, Youth and One-Stop Sub Groups
Jonah Windham, Southern Region, Youth Sub-Group
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program: Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.