Local Workforce Development Area IV Plan 2017-2021Home » About » Local Workforce Development Area IV Plan 2017-2021
Each Local Workforce Development Board (LWDB) shall develop and submit to the Governor a comprehensive four-year local plan, in partnership with the appropriate chief elected official. The local plan shall be a comprehensive four-year action plan designed to develop, align, and integrate service delivery strategies and to support the State’s vision and strategic and operational goals. The local plan will align with the Virginia Combined State Plan’s which emphasizes the following areas to develop and enhance.
· Increase business engagement and deliver value to our customers;
· Achieve measurable skills development in our job seeking customers in the form of workforce credentials that matter to business;
· Fill jobs in demand occupations that show promise for long-term growth in industries that are strategic to Virginia’s economy and strengthen Virginia’s regions;
· Help individuals, including individuals with barriers, gain access to the middle class and demonstrate career progression; and
· Ensure that workforce system public investments generate a quality return to Virginia and the customers we serve.
The following Local Plan Draft will be submitted to the Governor for review on March 1, 2017. A public comment period was held February 1-21, 2017 and is now closed. The Shenandoah Valley Local Workforce Development Area IV Plan is a living document that is customer-driven, results oriented, flexible and continuously improving.
16-01 4. Attachments
a. Current CEO Consortium Agreement
b. Not applicable.
c. Shenandoah Valley Workforce Development Board Organization and Communications Chart
d. Executed cooperative agreements between Local WDB and the local office of a designated State agency (Pending)
e. Eligible Training Provider Policy
f. Individual Training Account Policy OP 12-06
g. OJT Training Policy 7.13rev OP 12-09
h. Customized Training Policy OP 12-02
i. Priority of Services Policy OP 13-02
j. Monitoring Policy OP 13-03
k. EEO and Non-Discrimination Policy OP 12-04
l. Grievance Policy OP 12-05
m. Attachment A Statement of Compliance, Plan Signatures & Fiscal Agent Designation
*The SVWDB Local Workforce Area IV Plan 2017-2021 is a draft document and revisions may be made prior to submission of the final plan.
The Shenandoah Valley Workforce Development Board, Inc. and its programming are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Click to view EEO and non-discrimination policy.